Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Wonder Woman Wednesday

I thought it would be fun to start a weekly "themed" entry about women who inspire me.

The first person who comes to mind is my mom - she is my hero. My teacher, my comforter, my friend. I don't think my mom foresaw herself as being a mother of four and a homeschool teacher for 20+ years when she was my age. But, she's done a kickass job equipping her kiddos with skills to enter the real world - she's instilled a strong work ethic and encouraged us to offer our best in all we do. She's been there for every silly heartbreak, put band aids with a healing kiss on all our wounds, and sat through every single sports tournament, recital, and performance as our biggest fan. She's been chauffeur extraordinaire and top chef for decades.

I actually think my mom is cool, and not too many kids say that about their mothers. She's someone I would choose to hang out with on a Friday night. We have fun shopping, drinking coffee, and talking about everything and nothing at all.

Mom is first and foremost Joanne, a very talented individual from Queens, New York. A creative writer and hobbyist singer. A walking dictionary and motivated self-taught student of random, but useful facts. Perfect-hand-bag hunter and Zappos shopper. A devout Christian, loyal daughter, loving wife, and committed mother.

I hope one day I'm as awesome as my mom.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you. I am typing teary eyed. You have no idea how thankful I am to be your Mom. Your a kick-ass daughter :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I feel blessed to have such an awesome daughter and grand-daughter.

    ReplyDelete